13 April 2007

Woo Hoo

Yesterday I went and collected my copy of Victorian Lace Today, it's been long awaited as Mum ordered it for me in February as an early Birthday pressie. We gave up on Amazon and ordered it from The Book Depository who sent it out very promptly. Talking of my Birthday I had a lovely day on Monday, because of the Bank Holiday I had a day off which is always nice on your burpday. We went to Cribbs Causeway in Bristol for a spot of shopping and then over to A and N's house in Bristol. We haven't seen them for ages and have never been to their current home. They have a lovely house and a nice garden so we got to make the most of the nice weather and had a BBQ. We got back a lot later than we wanted to!
I have treated myself to a Nostepinne as I hanker after yarn cakes and a ball winder isn't going to be practical especially without a swift. I also like the idea of the Nostepinne more than a ball winder and the cost difference was a helping decider. I am still looking for something to store my needles in, I love the idea of this Namaste Needle and Notions Binders but the price is a little high to be honest!! I'm supposed to be refraining from buying anymore yarn (except cheap DK) until I go to Wonder Wool Wales but Dee has posted sneaky pics of yarn for Sunday's sale and I am in love with Wreath!
Anywho I'm off to continue browsing the net and then to knit another mitre square and dream of lace!

No comments: