11 May 2008

A beautiful weekend

A wonderful weekend weather wise, I have managed to get a load of washing done. The nice weather also meant that I could get the yarn I dyed yesterday dry. I haven't got pictures yet, but I do have a picture of my first attempt.
Hand Dyed by me (by shellbean)
To be honest I am happier with this one than the orange sort of colour I managed to create yesterday. I also ended up with some white bits because I tied the skeins too tight.

As I haven't blogged in a while I do have a large amount of purchases to show, this is mostly due to Wonderwool , at the end of April. I went with 2 of my friends and a obscene amount of ooh aahing and purchasing was the result. I had saved my birthday money so I had some guilt free shopping to enjoy. Here are some of my goodies.

Coast Lace weight from Hip Knits, I nearly didn't get this but I admired it on Kerrie's blog so seemed silly to go home without it.
HipKnits Coast (by shellbean)

From Fyberspates some superwash merino sock wool
Fyberspates (by shellbean)

From Tri'Coterie, some Malabrigo, probably for a Foliage hat.

Malabrigo Worsted (by shellbean)

Some Icelandic Unspun for a Pi Shawl

Iceland unspun (by shellbean)

From the Natual Dye Studio
The Natural Dye Studio Nino (by shellbean)
&
The Natural Dye Studio (by shellbean)

I have started knitting a pair of Bellatrix in this
Yarn Ahoy Sweethearts (by shellbean)
which is Yarn Ahoy Superwash Merino is Sweethearts. Unfortunately they aren't a very good fit so I am now off to frog said sock.

TTFN

No comments: